UPDATE REGARDING THE 2021 SESSION OF GIRLS STATE
The 2021 session of ALA Texas Girls State will be held virtually from Sunday, June 20 through Friday, June 25. A more detailed schedule of activities will be released soon, but participants should plan to spend 2 hours per evening in virtual sessions with additional online participation and optional virtual sessions during the day.
The registration fee will be $50.00 per delegate. In the event of a cancellation, a delegate may be replaced by an alternate. If no alternate is available, registration fees for any cancellation on or before June 15th will be refunded in full. We do not anticipate capping timely registrations, but if our registrations exceed our staffing capabilities, we will initiate a wait list.
The following registration guidelines will remain in effect:
- March 1, 2021 – April 30, 2021 Reservations open for ALA Units. Reservation Forms post-marked earlier than March 1st will not be accepted.
- March 15, 2021 – April 30, 2021 Reservations open for schools to reserve spots directly.
- No more than 6 students from any single school may be registered.
- A school may be sponsored by an ALA unit in an adjacent city or district if no unit within close proximity participates.
- A school may register for delegate spots directly without ALA sponsorship.
- An ALA unit may sponsor a student from a home school if she meets the eligibility requirements and qualifications for Girls State citizenship.
- Mail Fee and completed “Reservation Form” to American Legion Auxiliary Dept Headquarters in Austin. Upon receipt, the Girls State Registrar will send to you “Delegate Information Forms” for the number of spots reserved. Please do not notify a student of her selection until you have received a “Delegate Information Form” as this form verifies that space is available for the student.
- Complete the “Delegate Information Form” for each student and return to the Girls State Registrar. Be sure the email addresses provided on the form are legible and valid and instruct students to check email accounts regularly for important information. The “Delegate Information Form” must be signed by a School Official.
- Upon receipt of the “Delegate Information Form”, the Girls State Registrar will email the student and her parent/guardian with instructions for completing the registration process online. Students must continue to monitor their email accounts for additional instructions and information.
Please refer to the information provided in January regarding eligibility, selection, sponsorship and preparing your delegates.
Any questions should be directed to a member of the Girls State Committee, a Director or the Registrar: